Prevent Blushing with Creative Visualisation
A useful technique to prevent you from Blushing and mentally prepare you for potentially difficult situations is Creative Visualisation. Used on a regular basis, this process will enable you to stop blushing and to be in control of your old self-limiting blushing reactions. Using your imagination you can create new positive pictures of yourself. Blushing can be prevented and your confidence will grow.
Spend 10 minutes each day practising this Creative Visualisation technique
- Sit quietly in a place where you will not be disturbed.
- Focus on your breathing for a few minutes.
- Count slowly downwards from 30 to 0.
- Think of all the good points about yourself and imagine writing all your positive qualities on a blackboard. Be proud of yourself!
- Imagine yourself in a situation where you previously went red and blushed.
- Replay this scene again until you can see yourself remaining cool and calm and in control without blushing.
- Go over this scene in your mind 5 more times and imagine yourself getting more confident and self assured each time.
- Give yourself some positive reinforcement messages.
- Come out of this quiet relaxed state, affirming to yourself that you are not going to fear blushing any more.
It sounds easy when you see it written down like this – and it is….. although, like any new technique, you probably need some help getting started. The more you practise this technique, the more confident you will feel. Blushing will be prevented and you will no longer react in the old self conscious way. Alix can help you to get started to work on your own creative visualisation in just 3 sessions.