Sleep is vital for good physical and mental health as it allows our body time to heal and repair. Without sleep everyday tasks become difficult and our personality can change. We feel unwell, unable to concentrate, tired, irritable, anxious and depressed. Long term insomnia also increases the risk of obesity and heart disease so it’s important for your own health and happiness to overcome your insomnia as soon as you can.
Causes of Insomnia
Many of us suffer with short spells of insomnia at some point in our lives, but for others it becomes a serious problem. Insomnia is sometimes caused by other medical problems and a visit to your GP is recommended to rule these out. Often a psychological issue such as depression, anxiety, anger, resentment, worry or grief is the cause. In these cases hypnotherapy is a very effective treatment as it addresses the root of the problem rather than masking the symptoms with sleeping pills or other medications.
First Try These Simple Steps…
- • Make sure your sleeping environment is cool, quiet and dark
- • Make sure your bed is comfortable
- • Avoid watching TV, playing games consoles, uses a tablet or looking at smartphones just before bed
- • Avoid caffeine and other stimulates towards the end of the day
- • Set a regular bedtime routine and stick to it
- • Relax before bed with a shower, herbal tea or a book
- • Avoid exercising just before bed
- • Don’t eat too much late at night
- • Avoid alcohol before bed
Overcome Insomnia for Good
If you still find yourself unable to switch off and enjoy a good night’s sleep consider tackling the issues in your mind using hypnotherapy. This safe, effective treatment is non-invasive and effective and achieves results in very few sessions.
Hypnosis is a relaxed state of mind in which the attention becomes focused, causing a diminished awareness of the surrounding environment and a heightened state of suggestibility. You are in full control at all times and it is a pleasurable and empowering experience.