“I had always been shy, especially in my teenage years, but I didn’t expect to…
Confidence Coaching: The Art of Building Self-Esteem, Self-Awareness & Self-Control
Some people just ooze confidence. Nothing seems to faze them. Board meeting? No problem. Big presentation, no stress. After work drinks with the boss? Smoooooth.
So what’s their secret? What aren’t they telling you? Are some people just born with this amazing super power? The truth is very few people are born with this level of confidence. It needs to be learned, developed and practised. And most people can’t do this alone.
How to Build Confidence
Are you looking for ways to improve your self-confidence? Using the following techniques will be helpful.
- Boosting your self-image by learning how to recognise times when you perform well. When you do, giving yourself a pat on the back – chances are nobody else will.
- Praising others. Instead of focusing on people fault’s remember to say ‘Well done’ when credit is due.
- Remember certain times when you made a lot of progress in your life. Taking time to acknowledge the resources you have that helped you succeed.
- Thinking about events that left you disappointed and try to find something positive about them. By identifying what you learnt from that experience. It may have been hellish but what new knowledge did you gain that you can take forward in the future?
- By acknowledging the good things you have achieved in your life, realising you can learn from the no-so-good events. This is another way of rewarding yourself. As well as avoiding the repetition of self-doubt.
Tips like this are useful and can help you make steps forward. However, for real lasting change, from the inside out, it pays to get outside help. A confidence coach will help you truly change how you feel. You won’t have to fake it.
What is Confidence Coaching?
Confidence coaching is similar to life coaching but it focuses solely on the issues of confidence and self esteem. Of course, confidence can be linked to many aspects of someone’s life and you are free to explore anything that benefits you. It can empower you by challenging any doubts and perceptions holding you back and building you up from within.
What Does a Confidence Coach Do?
Confidence coaches help others improve their self-esteem by giving advice on how to overcome negative thoughts and feelings. They often use techniques that focus on positive thinking and goal setting.
Why Do People Need Them?
Many people struggle with low self-esteem and lack confidence. This can lead to social anxiety, shyness, and even depression. A confidence coach helps clients develop more positive attitudes towards themselves and their lives.
What Are They Good For?
People who work with confidence coaches often report feeling better about themselves after just one session. In addition, they feel less anxious and depressed, and are able to make healthier decisions.
Who Should Be Using Them?
If you’re struggling with low self-esteem, shyness or performance, then you should consider using a confidence coach. They help people build up their self-confidence by teaching them how to improve their social skills, deal with negative thoughts, and develop healthy habits.
How Can I Find One Near Me?
There are plenty of online resources where you can find a confidence coach near you. You can also ask friends or family members who might recommend one.
Alix Needham is an experienced and friendly confidence coach who has helped many people similar to you.