What is Identity Insecurity? Firstly, identity issues and insecurity about our own sense of self…
When times are uncertain it helps to have a strong sense of self to ground us. Whilst we can’t always control the world around us, we can control how we think and feel about ourselves. Building self confidence increases resilience and equips us to deal with more of life’s challenges.
Why Is Self Confidence Important?
Self confidence grounds us. It gives us a strong sense of self and makes us feel safe and able to deal with life’s challenges.
How Do Confident People Behave?
Someone with high self confidence doesn’t feel the need to constantly seek approval or extol their own virtues. However, they know how to accept a compliment graciously and take credit for their achievements.
Confident people are comfortable taking risks because they have an underlying belief in their abilities. They admit and learn from their mistakes.
So, how can you build confidence?
Build a Positive Memory Bank
Take some time to focus on your strengths and capabilities. Try thinking about all of the times you have performed well and that have made you proud. Spending time in these memories can change a negative mindset and boost confidence.
- Relax in a favourite chair and mentally wander back through time.
- Allow all of your good memories to pop into your mind e.g. when people congratulated you, when you had a good work appraisal., when you passed an important exam.
- Spend time enjoying the memories and then write them down.
- Read your list regularly to boost your confidence.
- Remember another way to boost your own self confidence is by making a commitment to stop putting yourself down. Value yourself. Everyone has achieved certain successes in life and it is time to recognise and acknowledge yours.
Confident people tend to have a strong sense of self – their values and their strengths. Having an internal value system that drives your behaviour and decisions can give you a strong sense of self confidence. If you’re unsure about your own values, perhaps take some time to think about what’s important to you.
Hypnotherapy for Confidence
Hypnotherapy is extremely effective at building confidence because of its ability to address underlying issues and the root cause of any confidence issues. It can help release any blocks that are holding you back and change your mindset.
Often is as few as three sessions clients experience a huge shift in mindset which allows for new behaviour patterns to emerge.
If you would like to build your self confidence, I can help. I offer a free, no-obligation initial consultation so please do get in touch to learn more.