The pursuit of happiness is a universal struggle. We all want to be happy, but…
How To Stop Overthinking
Here’s how to stop overthinking and relax….
Overthinking is a negative way of dealing with stressful situations by replaying situations in your head. Furthermore, being stuck in this pattern which is causing you stress, anxiety and depression. Need help? Read more and learn how to break free and lead a more contented life.
Here’s how to stop thinking too much….
Recognise When You’re Overthinking
These are the danger signs :
- Others telling you that you’re overthinking things
- Replaying conversations over in your head
- Thinking about other’s actions or motivations
- Your thoughts offering no real progress
- Feeling unable to react in the moment
- Punishing yourself about your natural responses
Understanding Damaging Thoughts
Firstly, whatever your situation, without another person’s perspective, you can easily develop the following patterns.
- All or nothing thinking – seeing a situation as absolute
- Over generalisation – blowing things out of proportion
- Filtering – only seeing the positive or negative
- Jumping to conclusions – assuming things instead of clarifying
- Magnifying and minimising – making things bigger/ smaller than reality
- False reasoning – believing you’ve reached the only true conclusion
- Should statements – punishing yourself – “I should have known”
What Triggers Overthinking?
Secondly, what’s triggering your damaging thoughts? Maybe it’s stress, anxiety or social embarrassment? Perhaps low confidence. Or troubling relationships.
Challenging Your Thoughts
Thirdly, instead of thinking the worst will happen, imagen some positive outcomes. In addition, seeking professional help is the best way of finding new ways of coping.
How to Stop Overthinking Relationships
Many of us have a tendency to overthink relationships. Whether you’re struggling to start a new relationship, struggling to decide whether to end your current relationship or finding that you fear commitment, overthinking relationships could be the problem.
Hypnotherapy for Overthinking
In conclusion, hypnotherapy will help you stop the damaging cycle for good. Start now by reaching out for information on how to stop overthinking. You could even try my new online hypnotherapy. Please get in touch.
How to relax – stop thinking and switch off
Stop worrying and start living
How to make a difficult decision